[Cob] sinking logs in cob?

Marlin lightearth at onebox.com
Fri Oct 1 11:13:09 CDT 2004

I'm still convinced that the best way to use cordwood/cob, in most areas that have regular construction waste, is to chop 2x4 or other construction cutoffs and lay them in the cob wall like cordwood (with an insulation gap)....this utilized landfill material and is the easiest to cut to perfect size (chop saw doing many per minute rather than a chainsaw rig getting difficult cuts) and have absolute stabilized wood that doesn't shrink or crack..

then as said below you can just earthen plaster over the whole thing and it looks like a cob wall!

Marlin

           info at outtathebox.org
           www.outtathebox.org
"There are solutions to the major problems of our time, some of them even simple. But they require a radical shift in our perceptions, our thinking, and our values."
   - [Fritjof Capra]