[Cob] Re: Washington, DC Cob

Raduazo at aol.com Raduazo at aol.com
Sun Oct 3 18:41:48 CDT 2004

    This is just a reminder to anyone in the area, Construction will begin
tomorrow on a cob children's playhouse at St. John's Episcopal Preschool, 3240
O. Street, NW We will be conducting morning and afternoon sessions, and
instruction is free for anyone willing to get dirty. The earth we are using contains
the detritus from 100 years of human activity. I am going to try barefoot
mixing, but anyone timid about what might lurk in DC earth should bring some old
shoes.
    The sessions are scheduled for October 4, 6, 12 and 14. Hopefully that
will be sufficient to complete the walls. The roof planned for this structure is
going to be an experimental paper-cob slab on a bamboo frame. Roof
construction dates will be announced.
Ed