[Cob] Sill plates and tractor cob

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 29 14:15:59 CDT 2004

I do believe they did.

So if a) we had a horse or mule, especially one trained to run a sorghum
mill, OR b) we could rent one of them--or even an equine trained to skid
logs--fair number of those in my area--we could do it that way.

So it comes down to--who do we know. who is helping us, do we have a horse
or a tractor already (will turf tires instead of ag tires work--and if ag
tires would be better, will a box blade help a lot?)?

Livestock turn out to be pretty useful in natural building, IIRC.  Pigs for
sealing the bottom of the pond, sheep for tamping the soil into a foundation
under adobe.  Not to mention goats for clearing  blackberry brambles poison
ivy and honeysuckle.

Genuine pet type dogs and cats don't do much, though.

Dulane asks:
Did they used to use horses to make cob?