[Cob] Paper cob...

Joseph R Dupont joedupont at juno.com
Mon Nov 15 17:17:03 CST 2004

You lost me.
Becky Bee has been experimenting with paperpulp and Cob with some.. i'm
told encouraging results.
The advantage of paperpulp is that what ever slurry you make will filter
out the water if you mold it.
Worse case make the walls thicker to compensate for a less dense less
strong mixture.
You might want to throw in some Boric acid to deal with bugs too.
I'm trying to get to PA and build around paperpulp cob building with a
yurt roof using rebar
as the ring.. using chicken wire up top and use papercrete and then tar.
I can't imagine
water getting through the paper crete cover with tar.