[Cob] rocket stoves

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 18 07:15:14 CST 2004

It sounds perfect for that outer barrel in the heat riser assembly.

Mary Lou McFarland wrote:

The rocket stove book has been out for awhile so I was wondering if folks on
the list had some finished pictures that they could post.  I have access to
an older oil tank and was wondering how that would work out for a rocket
stove.  It isn't huge like the ones used with an oil burning furnace.  It is
about two foot longer than a 55 gal drum and probably around 8 inches
greater in diameter, but it's a much heavier grade of steel than a drum.  I
thought it might be worth lining with fire brick.  Any thoughts?  Looking
forward to seeing some great project photos....it keeps the winter doldrums
at bay.