[Cob] Re: Leaking Papercrete Roof

dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Mon Nov 29 19:31:12 CST 2004

Asphalt emulsion is TAR..very unprocessed and the lowest on the food
chain, ...in fact the MSDS  safety sheet reveals  it is non toxic and
offgassing- outside the temporary smell it has before drying.
AE used to be wasted..it is the left over crude. But you can buy it as
Henry 107 or Black Jack brand fibered AE in any hardware store.

AE  is tar mixed with water and bentonite clay .in suspension is one of
the best tricks I know of for lots of small projects to make things
stick to old wood, dry metal, just about any dry surface.

and, as opposed to some natural builders who rant and dont know what
they are talking about..it is a non toxic product-- and more friendly
than any cement.

You  can buy a ROOF formula for coating the roof.... and put a lime
plaster over it if  you want a different color roof. .  Dn't buy a
floor/basement AE and use it on the sunny roof area, it will break down
again.

Charmaine Taylor Publishing    books at dirtcheapbuilder.com
PO Box 375 Cutten CA  95534 USA  -- 707-441-1632
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com   for sale: www.papercrete.com
New& Used books: www.biblio.com