[Cob] Re:Color of AE Leaking Papercrete Roof

dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Mon Nov 29 20:24:23 CST 2004

On Nov 29, 2004, at 6:18 PM, Raduazo at aol.com wrote:

>    I am not too crazy about the color of asphalt emulsion.
> Ed

this is why a lime tinted-with -color- plaster over AE can look good. I
should take an image of the  scrap ply board coated with a deep tan
rubberslate layer, over which a lime plaster is placed..both look good
and both can be tinted,

AND you can paint the  AE with common  latex ( leftover  recycled)
paint if you like to waterproof...so no cement is needed in
"papercrete" unless load bearing support is required.

any any cob-crete will mush out if water can enter.. AE does not
breathe...it will keep water out..and also trap it in.. IF it gets in.

Also  ( as Rubberslate)  when AE is heavily mixed with clay it turns a
fawn tan, or attractive  caramel color depending on natural color of
the clay itself

Charmaine Taylor Publishing    books at dirtcheapbuilder.com
PO Box 375 Cutten CA  95534 USA  -- 707-441-1632
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com  &  www.papercrete.com
New& Used books: www.biblio.com