[Cob] Clay Oven

Dulane silkworm at spiderhollow.com
Tue Nov 30 11:11:49 CST 2004

Howdy,
I was looking through an old photo album and found this picture. It was in a
primitive fishing village where I went on an eco-tour.
The locals were very proud of this stove, and I think an outside group were
instrumental in building this in the community.
It was very basic. You just built a good fire in the huge clay bowl, and
when it was good and hot, you put a huge steel lid on it. They told me they
made tortillas and other items on top of it. It was under a thatched palm
roof. I can't remember what kind of ventilation that they had for smoke (if
any). It is possible there is a chimney in the background. I think it was
used more often in the rainy season.
Anyway, I thought it would be cool to share the picture.

http://www.afternoontunes.com/tortillaoven.jpg