[Cob] skylight design

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 28 09:47:31 CST 2004

thanks.  do you know of a handy web-site with a picture?

I'd probably be happy with self-watering plants, but if I wanted a skylight
over a bed--or a nice rug, then no condensation drips would be good.

any experience with condensation and those light tubes with the half-round
thing on the roof, and the part in the house many feet away?
Karl wrote (snipped)
	they are almost always mounted on a parapet
	the glazing is usually sloping for condensation run off
	condensation sheds to an exteriorly connected "drip channel" (tiny holes
from the inside to the out)
	double glazing keeps water condensation to a minimum

as far as flashing goes. i use a thing called a "saddle" manufactured out of
metal and specifically designed to shed water to the sides where step
flashing is used.

i know these are construction industry solutions but the idea is proven
and should be considered when making a homemade "re-solution"