[Cob] RE: Tin can roof

George D geodrum at att.net
Tue Dec 28 20:07:56 CST 2004

Virginia Prins wrote:

> We roofed  an SB children's playhouse -14 x 36 ft. inside measurements -
> with aluminum printing plates.  Worked very well.  Lasted till !@#$ Dept. of
> highways took our farm for a highway.  We did glue each plate with black
> roofing tar on each edge before installing.  Don't even know if printing is
> still done this way, with all the computer printing these days.
>
> Much easier than trying to flatten tins properly.

The industry is slowly moving away from aluminum printing plates but there are still plenty of them
available. Most printers do recycle them at the local scrap dealers however so you will have to pay
for them at least scrap value.

--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.
geodrum at att.net

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.