[Cob] Re: Rocket stove question

aaron allen cobmailbox at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 14:11:58 CST 2004

ed,
your idea sounds like a good one, maybe should be
tried outside of an enclosed building first.  I agree
with others about the long firing time needed for oven
bakeing, you may not want that much heat in your home.
 rocket stoves can usually heat sufficiently in much
less time(depending on the size space to be heated).
also much of that heat is going straight up the
chimney.  it might not heat the oven the way you would
like.  what about an oven at some point along your
chimney?  this would function like a kiln.  the door
would need to be certifiably air tight to maintain
safety, but may just work.  I will be thinking about
this one for some time,
thanks,
aaron

=====