[Cob] Re: Question regarding boiled linseed oil

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 23 08:30:10 CST 2005

I did my sample backwards, haven't gotten to the floor yet.  but I think it
WAS backwards--i.e., heavy solvent first is NOT the way to go.

But by the time I was putting pure linseed oil down the sample looked like
it had a shiny coating on it.  The sample sat out in the rain for nine
months before I looked at it again, and it still did.
Ed wrote:
     I am doing my first earth floor. I have put down my first layer of
boiled
linseed oil and it has been down for a week. Small dry patches are starting
to show, but 90% of the floor still looks wet.
     Is this normal? It feels dry to the touch. Can I go ahead and put the
next layer of 50% linseed and 50% solvent or should I wait till the entire
floor
changes to the lighter color?
Ed