[Cob] RE: Solar radiant floor

Chuck & Linda clearned at bminet.com
Mon Jan 24 10:15:39 CST 2005

   Peter wrote:
   >---
   I guess I'm missing something - why sand ? Why not just dig down as
   far as necessary, lay in the "plimbing" and put back the earth you dug
   out in the first place ?
   I don't see why one would go to the effort and expense of removing
   that earth and replacing it with something else.  From my seat it
   sounds like an unnecessary complication, so if there is some
   convincing argument for the sand approach, I would be interested in
   hearing it...

Peter I failed to mention that you could use earth. In my case I was on a
hill/slope and I was building up, so I didn't actually dig up the earth.
That said I was told by the designer of these systems in Wisconsin that sand
works better due to density of the sand. He suggested a blend to save money
and balance that equation.
Chuck

   Peter

---