[Cob] Foundation trenches

Lance Collins collinsl at bigpond.net.au
Tue Mar 15 14:08:07 CST 2005

Amanda wrote:
>If he had to do it in some of my soil, he'd be really sorry he ventured
>out of his desired area!

>Bill WANTS to dig foundation trenches:

I know cobbers are basically impoverished masochists but you'd be nuts to
dig foundation trenches by hand if it's at all possible to get an excavator
in.   For some irrigation pipe laying I've just had a machine dig a trench
400 mm wide by 500mm deep for 100 metres and it took an hour and cost about
$150.   My ground is very hard too.

Lance