[Cob] Linseed and sunflower oil

Dognyard dognyard at stockroom.ca
Mon Mar 28 13:24:16 CST 2005

Most of my frying pans are the old cast iron kind. And long ago, my Mom
showed me how to make them virtually non-stick...that is to rub them
with vegetable oil (I usually just use canola oil), then put them in a
warm oven for a few hours. The oil hardens. You can't wash it off easily
without using a scouring pad, and your eggs won't stick...

...and they don't tend to rust either.

I think almost any vegetable oil could be made to harden. Not sure how
this could be applied to use with cob, but who knows?

Karen in Alberta