[Cob] Re: linseed oil floors/tubs

Bill&Julie wbates at mn.rr.com
Mon Mar 28 16:48:56 CST 2005

If any one remember the Beeswax, Boiled Linseed Oil, and Turpintine
mixture,,,?  The magic with that was to use ample amounts of Elbow Greese...
It was what Grampa used, because there wasn't anything else..
And something I did, and found a hard plastic like finish,,, was to add a
little
Tung Oil to the mix... What did not get used at the time of mixing, sat up
in the can..  I use a Metal Cookie Can for my ( Linseed Oil ) mixes, and
leave
the application rag in the can...  No air,, no fire,, no problems...

***  bill