[Cob] Shellac

Lance Collins collinsl at bigpond.net.au
Wed Apr 27 02:07:09 CDT 2005

Hi Joel,

My memories of shellac on furniture was that it was an attractive finish
but easily marked and hard to repair.  Polyurethane is much easier to apply
and very much more durable.

Also shellac is a dark brown.  I like the light colour of most
cob.   Finishing cob with a dark stain seems an odd thing to do.

Lance