[Cob] pipes and plastic

justin billjustin at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 23:16:36 CDT 2005

ok, a little about pvc.  I am a plastic welder and
fabricator.  I work with pvc, cpvc, and clear pvc.  my
wife to be is sensitive to chemicals and whenever i
work with pvc based stuff, she turns red.

on the practical side of pvc, it is easy and cheap to
use, but someone with multipe chemical sensitivity,
its not such a good idea.

pex-from what i c an tell, its a polyethelene that is
formed into a thermoset, which means the strands of
the molecules are crosslinked, therefore they can not
be reheated and formed, or glued, unlike most other
common plastics.

crosslinked plastics are-bakelight, fiberglass, pex

non-crosslinked are pvc, polyethelene, polypropelene,
lexan, abs

a note on diy copper-  its not as hard as everyone
thinks to do copper piping, and you can use old pipes
if you want to.

if anyone has any questions of plastic fabrication,
please ask

justin