[Cob] Linseed oil and Bee's Wax

Pack McKibben gakayaker at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 21:12:47 CDT 2005

I just finished putting 5 coats of linseed oil on
my new earthen floor. I then heated up a 2 part
linseed oil to 1 part bee's wax mixture to use as
a final coat.  The cobbers book said to make a paste
and rub it on. I now have a dull looking floor with
yellow paste in the cracks.  What have others done
to make their waxed floors look polished?  I was going
to use a buffing attachment on my drill, but haven't
been able to find it yet. Is that how your waxed
earthen floors get such a nice shine?

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html