[Cob] like to see

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 20 07:21:08 CDT 2005

Might go through the archives.  I don't know of any.  How far are the
Dancing Rabbit eco-village projects from you?  I know they've done straw
bale, I used their instructions for an earthen floor.

Apparently no workshops scheduled any time soon, people there do seem to
have done a couple of cob stoves/benches in their houses.

http://www.dancingrabbit.org

But there is a young woman on the list who caught the bug.  Don't think
she'd seen any buildings or attended any workshops at the time, and she
lived in an apartment, IIRC.  So when she went on vacation, her mother got a
garden wall, not very high, but in a nice place.  Then she got a bake oven,
they learned to use it.  Now the daughter is doing walls as civic projects
where she lives.  Getting experience before you start on a house is a great
idea.  Getting experience with people who know what they're doing is a great
idea.  But she just did it.

Mike wrote:
we would like to see a cob building , my wife thinks she wants to build one
  we live 40 miles north of springfield,Mo.