[Cob] Burnt clay

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 21 08:45:21 CDT 2005

I'm not at all sure that I know what burnt clay is--do you get it by
powdering bricks, buy it as grog from the pottery supply, or is it something
a bit more specific?  It's supposed to be acting as a pozzolan, would
fly-ash be a substitute?

I'm no help here.
Georgie asks about burnt clay:
    Hello!
    I am trying to make roman concrete for mortaring an urbanite
    foundation,
    and am needing some powdered burnt clay. I wonder if anyone has ever
    heard
    of this, and if so, where to get it? I need it for this weekend, so
    your
    timely assistance would be appreciated!
    Georgie
    [1]www.cobinthepark.ca