[Cob] light clay

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 21 20:59:16 CDT 2005

There are a bunch of CASBA's. the one with the .org seems to be something on
the order of the California State Bicyling Association, and all that's on
that web site is a cute logo--cute enough to send to a bunch of bicycling
friends.

California Straw Bale people had to use this URL, even if the other one
seems to be inactive:

http://www.strawbuilding.org/

didn't see any reports on papers, this year's meetings are coming up soon,
interesting links to the California rice straw people.

Charmaine wrote:

at the CASBA  straw meeting last year a  commercial builder in Nevada City
did a presentation on the 12" thick LSC walls he  handled for a couple.

He quited R25 for a 12" wall..the walls had larson trusses, and there was
little thermal brisging as I recall.. but I still think R25  is high...

  my guestimate would be R20- R22 or so... if NOT too much clay is used.

view the  www.casba.org page and they may have more info there

Charmaine Taylor Publishing    books at dirtcheapbuilder.com
PO Box 375 Cutten CA  95534 USA  -- 707-441-1632
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com  &  www.papercrete.com
New& Used books: www.biblio.com