[Cob] Natural building apprentice opportunities at Ahimsa Sanctuary!

ocean ocean at woodfiredeatery.com
Tue Jul 5 23:49:36 CDT 2005

Hello Everyone!

We are resuming our natural building projects at Ahimsa Sanctuary this
summer during July, August and September.

We have two existing cob buildings nearing completion, and will be
building a smaller kiosk shelter from the ground up (foundations,
drainage, etc.)  We are completing finish plaster on the cob kiva, and
it is looking very beautiful!  This is an excellent opportunity to
learn all aspects of cob building - an ancient technique for
constructing very low cost, ecological and beautiful structures out of
natural materials - earth, sand and straw.

The location is Ahimsa Sanctuary, just outside of Philomath on the edge
of the Mary's Peak Watershed.  We offer volunteer apprentices great
food (from our organic restaurant - yum!), camping on 25 acres of
forested land, friendly company of other builders and two fun dogs,
even a sauna when the work is done.  For those interested in organic
farming, we are also involved with several market garden and seed
growing projects.

You can come to learn and help out for a weekend, a week, a
month...please email me if you are interested and I'll get you
directions.  Check out our websites below for more info on our retreat
and restaurant.

Blessings,
Ocean Liff-Anderson
Steward, Ahimsa Sanctuary  http://www.peacemaking.org