[Cob] NBC EAST

Raduazo at aol.com Raduazo at aol.com
Sun Jul 10 08:10:52 CDT 2005

The NBC east was again a wonderful experience. It  was not as large or a wild
as last years extravaganza, but still very pleasant.  I guess the highlight
would have to be either raising the 4000 pound stone or  raising the timber
frame over the dragon oven, but for my part I liked the  plastering classes. Not
everyone is going to build their own house, but I can  almost guarantee that
everyone will someday have the opportunity to repair or to  build a wall and
knowing how to mix and apply earth plasters is a priceless  skill. I was also
very impressed with the earth floor installed in the  ceremonial building. I
wish I had been able to do a floor with someone who knows  what they are doing
before I did my floor. I could have saved myself a couple of  mistakes.
    The best part of the Colloquium though was spending  a week with hundreds
of people who share the same interests and concerns about  the world and the
environment.
    I hope there will be many more colloquiums, and I  hope to see more old
friends and future friends at the next one.
Ed