[Cob] locating a rocket stove north/south?

Copper Harding copperharding at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 18:11:28 CDT 2005

Hi,

Sometimes there is wonder in life and friends push you
to question your assumptions and decisions in the
building process.  I recently had that wonderful
experience myself...

which brings me to the question.  Is there any
thinking, evidence, or experience as to whether a
rocket stove with a heated bench would be best located
in the south of the building for solar storage  or in
the north (heavily insulated) portion of the building.

Somehow my body is too tired to give energy to my
brain to think this one through.  I guess I can see
benefits of both:

north - heat the colder part of the house
south - store energy from the sun

I have one person who is of the opinion that my place
is overbalanced on the mass (versus insulation) side
of things for such a cold climate.  We'll see :)

thoughts?  opinions?

THANKS!

Copper

Ms. Copper Harding

If you can walk, you can dance
If you can talk, you can sing  --- from Zimbabwe

When you're out of balance
  gravity tends to get you down. -L.L. Harding

P.O. Box 125
Hawley, MN 56549
www.copperharding.com