[Cob] Marlin's rubble trench

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 2 09:07:29 CST 2005

Does anyone know what the foundation for Fallingwater was?  I expect I could
find in in one of the zillion books on Wright.

(That is the famous house built over a stream.  The most usual picture
rather looks like it was built over a waterfall, but it wasn't--quite.  So,
can a rubble trench be used where there is moving water, possibility of
erosion, etc.?)

Cat wrote:

Cat here!  Check out the foundations built by Frank Lloyd Wright.  He used
rubble often in his homes to great advantage.  They moved with the earth.
His use of reinforced cement and experiments with  copper pipe in cement
failed but his natural systems are still working.