[Cob] plaster strength...

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 6 09:55:17 CST 2005

Charmaine Taylor www.dirtcheapbuilder.com is always a place to start for
anything to do with lime and plaster--especially if you go over to her
papercrete pages.

But there are other people considering the problem--the guy at daycreek, for
instance (I only rarely read this, so you may have to search the site to
find what he used for window sills--IIRC not plaster, but I do remember his
meditiations on what to use):

http://www.daycreek.com/

I'd think that anything well-sealed might work.

Although when I put a bit of linseed oil on the earthen floor--still wide
open--some little animal came in and dug it out presumably because it seemed
so edible.  Sigh.
Aaron wants to know:
Im looking for anicdotes of plaster recipies for high use indoor areas ie;
benches, window sills etc.  specificaly, additives that were successful for
the hardening of a plaster.