[Cob] dirt bags

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at habitat.org
Mon Dec 12 14:37:17 CST 2005

Well the best shap is round.

Basically you put in a compass in the center of your circle. I used a
log/ stump with a wheel from a cart that would spin  360%. This becomes
our measuring tool as you corbelle each row.

Openings require small value forms.

Pat Newberry
www.gypsyfarm.com

Also you can check out
www.calearth.com

The box said "Requires WinXP, W2k, or better," and so I installed Linux.

<snip>

I guess this is not exactly the place to ask for help, as dirtbags
buildings are not exactly cob, but I can't think of a better place to
ask.

I'm planning to build a dirtbag dome (5m diameter) and I need to know
what would be the ideal shape (curve) for this kind of corbelled dome.
Does anyone here have relevant information on this subject?

Thanks in advance,

Nico.

</snip>