[Cob] shelves new member

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 14 22:16:02 CST 2006

Brina's right.

URL's will work.  Which means that tinyurl or something like photobucket
will--I've never used either since I've got a picture page and can just put
a picture up there.

Or, you can do the "email me off list and I will send it to you."  The way
Charmaine has done with that Minke manual on designing earthen buildings for
seismic areas.

Thank you Charmaine.

But also a lot of us have dial-up modems, and pictures slow getting messages
down.  Sometimes to the point of unusability.  (it's dreadful when I can
drive fifty miles each way and save time downloading a whole book from a
free wi-fi there--as opposed to trying to download it here--and I have a
fairly fast dial-up--even quite large .pdf files do download for me fairly
nicely)

>I couldn't open the shelf attachment

I don't think Coblist allows attachments, so they get stripped out of
messages.  Several lists I'm on do this, mostly for security reasons (many
viruses are transmitted via attachments).

Brina