[Cob] [Fwd: Cob Workshop]

Leslie Moyer Unschooler at cccexpress.com
Tue Feb 21 11:13:36 CST 2006

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Cob Workshop
Date: 	Sat, 18 Feb 2006 15:08:34 -0600
From: 	Stewardship, Inc. <gayle at StewardshipArchitecture.com>

Cob Home Builder Workshop - April 22-29, 2006

Join us for a week of natural building construction and education in the beautiful Texas Hill County!

Workshop participants will paticipate in the construction of a rustic caretakers' cob cottage on secluded acreage near Fredericksburg, TX.  Our 6 full days of workshop activity will cover cob construction from start to finish including: siting, design, foundation, wall construction, tractor cob, earthen floors, windows/doors, roof, plasters, arches, niches and relief sculpture.   Guest speakers will complement our building process with presentations on topics relating to natural living lifestyle.

This is a perfect opportunity for those with cob dreams to learn the entire process and bounce ideas around with experienced builders. Gourmet vegetarian meals will be prepared daily by our magnificent hostess and talented chef.  Our site provides camping, indoor gathering spaces, composting toilets, fire circle, a year round creek, wildflowers and natural serenity.

Come build in partnership with the earth!

Kindra, Chris and MaryAnn
ClaySandStraw.com

Cost per person: $550 early registration - before March 20 ($600 after March 20) Includes meals, snacks, camping, handouts, slideshows, lectures, hands-on work sessions and private consultation with instructors about your potential or on-going projects. Discounts for couples. Limited work-trade available.

For registration materials please e-mail:

kindra at claysandstraw.com or call (512) 663-3166

Gayle Borst, AIA, LEED AP
Stewardship, Inc.
Austin, Texas