[Cob] Re: New to cob. New England?

Tom Gorman tom at honeychrome.com
Thu Feb 23 09:39:28 CST 2006

David-
Welcome aboard.  I too recently 'discovered' cob and my partner and I
are very amped up to eventually build ourselves a house, most likely
somewhere in upstate NY.  There is a week-long cob workshop at the
Yestermorrow School in VT at the end of May that we're going to
attend.  As far as I've been able to find out, that is the only
workshop coming up in the New England area.  Their site is
www.yestermorrow.org.

I've really been amazed at the 'viral' nature of enthusiasm for cob-
my girlfriend and I initially kept our interest and enthusiasm to
ourselves, expecting skepticism and maybe even light ridicule ("Mud
house?!?"), but every friend we've talked to about cob has almost
immediately become interested, wanted to borrow our books, know more,
already volunteering time and labor when we eventually build, etc.
It's inspiring and encouraging!

If you do locate any cob houses in New England, let us know!  I sure
hope within a few years we'll have one (or some sort of cob-hybrid).
Tom Gorman