[Cob] Traditional vs Contemporary was Thesis survey

Jon Kerr jonskerr at visi.com
Mon Feb 27 12:04:51 CST 2006

I got the impression it was more a question of architectural style than
materials choices. On the ones where the lines were pretty much
straight, especially if there was a thatched roof, I clicked
traditional. For the more "modern" looking houses with their curved
lines and wide-brimmed hats for rooves I clicked contemporary.

Jon

On Feb 27, 2006, at 8:30 AM, Patrick Newberry wrote:

> When I was ask the  Traditional vs Contemporary question on the Thesis
> survey I must admit that I really had to think long and hard. I mean on
> one level,it's Traditional, on one level it's Contemporary based on
> what
> time periods and what cultures one is refering to.
>
> So when I build a I build with cob today, I may use a combination of
> new
> materials and old materials (cob) so really it's contempory in that
> regards...but Traditional in other regards.
>
> What did other folks think in terms of clasifications of the buildings
> show on the the survey.
*******

Sic gorgeamus allos subjectatus nunc.
	--We gladly feast upon those who would subdue us.  (Addams Family
Credo)

http://www.visi.com/~jonskerr     0~     <*>