[Cob] opportunities

Lee Shultz Lee.Shultz at westrimcrafts.com
Tue Feb 28 13:48:18 CST 2006

Hi, Carisa,

I found the Finding & Buying Your Place in Country (Finding and Buying Your Place in the Country) <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0793141095/ref=cm_lm_fullview_prod_12/104-8200667-5557528?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance>  by Les Scher very useful, as it goes over lots of legal aspects of buying land like covenants, zoning, wells, soil testing, and a lot more. The author recommends a flat building site, though, and most of the cob books recommend a gently sloping site. I found this book very useful in choosing the site I bought.

Also, in case you have not read it, The Hand-Sculped House has info on what to look for in a site.

Do an Internet search on "cob workshop" to find a workshop.

Have fun,

Beverly Shultz