[Cob] Cob structures and "basements" or sunken floors

Cats Starfire cats at catsnco.com
Sat Mar 4 12:43:07 CST 2006

My thought is that since you need -- is it shoes or boots? -- on your
structure to keep the cob away from the ground/moisture and that the stone
foundation needs to be of something that will not allow moisture to wick up
into the cob, that anything below ground would have to be stone as well (or
at least not cob), since there would be no way to keep the moisture of the
surrounding ground from seeping into the cob. But I have not read anything
one way or the other.

Cats