[Cob] building code in wisconsin

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 7 19:54:12 CST 2006

I suspect that every state--somewhere along the line--has adopted one or
another building code.  The question is probably do, or how do, they enforce
it.  This will vary by county or municipality.

Mains electricity and Septic tank are tied together here.  And electric the
electric wiring is inspected, recently requiring powered, interconnected
smoke detectors. (I was burned out of a house a few years ago.  Seems like
the electricity was off AND the fire dept was already there before the smoke
detector went off.)

But I did find a semi-all natural architect in Madison Wisconsin, probabl
where you'd expect them.  And IIRC, they have a lot of information on their
web site.

Judy probably doesn't want an architect designed home, but IIRC there is a
lot of information on the web site--even the adobe code from New Mexico,
which is probably going to be pretty typical of permitted cob areas.
Judy wrote:
   If anyone out there knows how to find out the building codes for
Wisconsin, I would be so grateful! I'm anxious to know if there will be any
county my niece and I can build a cob house---or will we have to relocate to
follow our dream?
   Thanks, Judy