[Cob] Radiant Heat Flooring

Bill&Julie wkbjkb3 at mn.rr.com
Wed Mar 22 14:47:41 CST 2006

Hi Mark,,,   The word is called ( Work Around )..

If Cob , you mean a poured clay floor...  then I am guessing hi maintenance.
In any case, you will have to isolate the heat from the ground underneath.

Blue or Yellow insulation board is what I would use. But with clay, the
flexing would break the clay up.
I also am guessing that a clay floor at its best, is not maintenance free...
Learn all you can about the Clay Homes of Devon England...
The oldest are 600 years old...

There is a guy in town that has a poured concrete floor in his garage,
Packed sand, blue board insulation on the sides between the walls
and the floor and underneath the water pipe heating, and poured
concrete floor over that. He uses a 50 gal. water heater to heat
his garage, with a small circulating pump... and says it is great..
* Southern Minnesota *

~¿~  bill