[Cob] Pex

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 26 10:52:28 CST 2006

Hmm. This is a bit different from actually hooking your hot water (however
acquired) before finishing the floor to give the radiant heat tubing--pex or
some other brand--a chance to do its expansion and contraction thing.

I guess you COULD hook it up to some--ANY--source of hot water and let it
settle in as the first, still somewhat damp, and then the second coats of
floor go on, as Shannon found worked well with his setup.

Surely somebody's thought about this.  I haven't much because I tend to
empathise with Ken Kern who said that any dust on the floor would be swirled
in the air. by a radiant heat system.  Mind you, he doesn't hate sunlight on
the floor, or even a hippocaust, IIRC.

Judith asked:
Any advice on putting pex in a mud floor for future hookup to solar?