[Cob] Pex

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 26 12:42:58 CST 2006

I guess you'd go with the method that our fearless leader outlined the other
day--heat it up good while the floor is still wet enough to allow some
movement of the tubes after you "pour" (or throw or dump-and-spread or
whatever} your first layer of earthen floor mix. And again as the second
layer dries.  I'm not sure but what you'd have to do something to cushion
the tubing before you started pouring.\

You may need to know if the people who poured the pad did any insulation
under it--if not, you may need to insulate the ground on the outside of the
building--run a search on AGS and/or look at:

http://www.greenershelter.com/index.php?pg=3

(hey--if you felt you had to tear up that pad/slab, you could do a stem wall
with that!--sounds like an awful nuisance to me)

I'm not planning a radiant floor.  I may regret it, but....

Jennifer wrote:

I would like to learn more about the adobe on concrete floor. I am building
on a 17 foot octagonal pad created by the previous owners, but am not happy
with concrete and would prefer to install adobe over radiant tubing, rather
than more concrete. If you have the details, please let me know. If it
helps, I plan to use an earthbag stem wall.