[Cob] The mobile home...

Lee Courtney heylee34 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 7 17:12:27 CDT 2006

Thanks for the input on my previous yet apparently wacky idea.  The vote is unanimous to get rid of the mobile.  Ok so here is a question... In order to save money can I strip out the mobile home, i.e. remove siding, insulation and dryway to where there is only the stick frame of the old house, and use cob as filler in the existing frame? This would allow me to keep the roof, the existing electrical, and the plumbing. I am considering exposing and redoing the plumbing anyway to use the greywater for the plants and lawn (and I have a well).  I know nothing of electricity and I don't really want to mess with that to much.  Ideas on this plan and if feasible, how thick should the walls be since I will have the original frame for the support of the roof etc....

Thanks in advance again
Lee