[Cob] The mobile home...

J Moore applewood at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 8 10:44:09 CDT 2006

   I agree with Jennifer, this may not be a waste of time, it will
   definitly be a recycling project. I've known several neighbors who
   have started remodeling/add-on projects with moble homes (using
   regular framing, not cob) and end up removing the old walls, so that
   very little remains of the original structure, even the floor and roof
   could be replaced eventually. It can also be a gradual process (big
   advantage), and will have all the design and construction hassels of
   add-ons vs. new construction (big disadvantage). In the end you can
   have your cob palace, earthen floors and all..... (but still a sturdy
   foundation - can use rubble trench under new cob walls along edge of
   trailer and around add-on, and large eved roof - can frame an all
   inclusive roof over original trailer and the additions, are most
   improtant). Happy building, James