[Cob] Looking for help this summer

Orion Walker orionw at greenfieldranch.org
Mon Apr 10 11:40:56 CDT 2006

Hi there,

My wife and I are building a strawbale and cob post and beam home on the
beautiful land where I grew up in Mendocino County, Northern Cali. We will
be working on it all summer, and we would love help.

We can offer, a beautiful place to camp, access to amenities, yummy organic
meals, a great community, and lots of hands on learning.

So far we have built the post and beam structure, put on the roof, raised
the bales and plastered the exterior with a first coat. This summer we will
be doing the plumbing/grey water/solar water heating, electrical, interior
walls, lots of cob walls, some more framing, staircase, kitchen, interior
plaster, second layer of poured adobe floor, and much more.

Also have a veggie oil car and biodiesel equipment on site if you are
interested in that stuff. Also have lots of great resources in the area (ie
solar living institute, home of Sol Fest)

Let me know if you have any questions,
Thanks for thinking about it,
-Orion