[Cob] round wood, posts, deck

Tys Sniffen tys at ideamountain.com
Fri Apr 21 21:11:47 CDT 2006

Hey folks,

This isn't exactly a cob question, but a natural building one.  I'm about to
start making my deck for my yurt, so I can live onsite while I build my cob
house, and I'd like to use natural, round posts for my vertical supports for
my deck.  I have good redwoods (still growing) I can use; I can easily pick
one that is about 10 to 12 inches in diameter and have all the posts I need
for this project.

My question: do I need to let the redwood posts dry? For how long? I can't
seem to find any good lit on how to prep redwood.

These posts will be about 4 feet long at the longest.  I will be putting
them on cement footings. unless someone here can talk me out of that.

Tys

Tys Sniffen
415.606.7746
Efficiency Consultant:  <http://www.ideamountain.com/> www.ideamountain.com