[Cob] Soil ratio

Marlin Nissen marlin_nissen at yahoo.com
Tue May 2 15:07:59 CDT 2006

I've actually found that the building a little model
or little samples gives the best idea of what's a
'good' mix as you can test the strength when fully
dry, for: too crumbly (not enuff clay)?, too crack
filled (too much clay)?  I like also writing the
different ratios of clay/sand (ex. 1:3, 1:4 on
cardboard that the sample rests upon)

I'd agree with Shannon's assessment that the QUALITY
of the clay varies a lot! Looks are deceiving too,
that bastard silt!

Marlin

SNIP