[Cob] Environmental Display On Green Building At The 2006 San Diego Fair June 10 - 4 July

b bolo1942 at hotmail.com
Sun May 14 23:16:41 CDT 2006

I am forwarding this message on the 2006 San Diego Fair.  It will include an "Environmental Fair incorporating many sustainable features of 'Green Building'".   While this display features a straw bale structure the inclusion of "solar electric/thermal and radiant floor heating systems, sustainable flooring, recycled materials and more" apply to all areas of natural building.  This message is cross-posted.  Thanks and hope you can visit/participate in the event.

Preston of the Mojave

 - - - -

G'day all,
I'm pleased to be able to report that we are making great progress on our planned Straw Bale Building exhibit at the 2006 San Diego Fair. For the first two days 6/10 & 11), there will be a special attraction of an Environmental Fair featured within the infield (inside the racetrack) area, and our display will be the main attraction. The best news is that the building will remain as a hosted display through the end of the Fair on July 4th.
I don't want to take up too much space here because this is a regional activity and this is a world-wide discussion list. As a brief summary:
The focus of the project is to provide an educational opportunity for perhaps thousands of Fair-goers to get an up-front and personal look at many Sustainable features of 'Green Building' that can have direct application in their own homes. We are encouraging community-wide participation of providers of green materials and services, providing a forum for them to educate the public in a non-sales environment. I invite anyone interested in participating in the planning, construction process and hosting the display during the Fair to contact me for more information - Bob at StrawBaleHouse.com - we would love to have you join us.

The exhibit will feature a very environmentally-friendly lightweight webbed steel frame, metal roof, Bale walls with Clay exterior and Lime interior plasters. Some of the other features displayed will be PV (Solar Electric) Solar Thermal (hot water) and radiant floor heating systems, Sustainable flooring, recycled doors and windows, and much more.
Co-hosting the event, will be CASBA, the California Straw Building Association; Eco-Life Foundation, Bill Toone Director; Hubbell & Hubbell Architects; Our company, Sustainable Building Systems, Bob Bolles, President; and of course, The San Diego Fair, to whom we owe a debt of gratitude for their continued support of the Environment and their very generous assistance in the project - my thanks to all of you.

If you are in the San Diego California area between June 10th and July 4th, drop by and see us - you'll be glad you did <smiling>

Best regards to all~
bb

Bob Bolles
Sustainable Building Systems, Inc