[Cob] Washington, DC

Raduazo at aol.com Raduazo at aol.com
Tue May 23 21:00:22 CDT 2006

The first portion of our Straw bale/cob/living roof  workshop series went off
with out a hitch and the straw bale portion of the  project is finished. I
apologize for not posting the first session. It was  filled with 20 backup
volunteers just a few days after the announcement appeared  in the county catalogue
and before I had a chance to post anything. There are  still Cob dates left
and Nancy will give a lecture on living roofs for anyone  who shows up to do
the cobbing workshops. I will also be happy to discuss  everything I know about
straw bale and passive solar. Also you can see what we  have done so far.
    The remaining open dates are:

Wednesday June 7 starting at 6pm  until dark
Saturday June 10 from 9am to  noon
Saturday June 17 from 9am to  noon
Additional dates may be scheduled  depending on progress, weather, etc.
These workshops will be muddy and fun  (and you can hose off before going home, so
bring a dry set of clothes).   Bare feet will be used to mix the
clay/sand/water mixture.  Children are  welcome if accompanied by an adult and if they are
willing to “work.”  We  hope you will join us!  RSVP to me at
jkelsch at arlingtonva.us