[Cob] Silo Stove Squat

Dulane silkworm at spiderhollow.com
Fri Jun 9 12:35:00 CDT 2006

Maybe there are other ways to fire a room. Yesterday we had a small fire in
our yard, and a friend took the opportunity to bring over some rolls of
toilet paper that he used to filter waste vegetable oil for biodiesel. I
only threw 1 roll on the fire at it was near the end of the day and the
weather was crappy. That roll threw flames...in the rain, for at least an
hour an a half.

The guy who brought them says 1 roll in his wood stove will cook him out of
his house. So what about 30 rolls, which my friend generates anyway?

And think about it...if you live near a kennel, you could collect high BTU
fuel all year long! (Would it leave an aroma? Would it color ceramic?)

Maybe we have other forms of energy right under our noses. Pun intended.

:-)

Dulane

Original Post -
 Actually Nader did fire a house in Iran. It's chronicled in his book
"Racing alone". It took several days, maybe even a week and they used a
series of oil burners with gravity feeds where the burneres went in the
windows and where then blocked off with bricks. The local towns folks
all filled the house with pots plates and such so they could get fired
too

Pat Newberry
www.gypsyfarm.com