[Cob] How wide should a cob wall be in earthquake zones?

Whidbey Island Soap Co. Soap at whidbey.com
Fri Jun 16 12:46:08 CDT 2006

Hi everyone!

I am going to be building a small home here in Washington State and would
like to know how wide I should build the walls of a cob house in an
earthquake zone. Also is there anytype of reinforcing I should be looking
into? Someone here mentioned building the walls two and a half feet thick at
the base and tapering them to the top for load bearing walls. How about if I
support the roof with post and beam construction?

Thanks again!

David T.