[Cob] Cost Estimating

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Wed Jul 12 03:49:42 CDT 2006

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Grace Rose wrote:

> Can you add cost estimating to the list of items to discuss.
> I have researched the subject and cannot get a whole lot of information
> on the costing out of this type of construction.

Cost estimating is certainly fair game on this list as far as it pertains
to cob and related building techniques, the main thing is to not get into
nuances of costing for every detail of the house, for most things there is
little or no difference installing it in cob versus any other type of
structure.  The cost of building with cob has certainly been discussed
in the past, though it usually comes down to how much labor are you going
to pay for (as opposed to doing it yourself), since labor is the bulk of
the expense.