[Cob] Ray's request for photos

Monica Proulx mon.pro at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 12:59:53 CDT 2006

Regarding Ray Cirino's request:
     "It was great to see the schools progress in Coquille. I was
wondering        if there are any other pictures of work in the last few
years."

I think that is a great idea, a sort of cobcottage yearbook!!  It's nice to
know I'm not the only one who likes to look at cob pictures. It keeps me
going as I paint on the outside of a conventional house in the 90 degree
heat and humidity of Pa. and mutter "never again!".

We were at a complete cob workshop, September '06, and have some pictures
(not terribly good or complete), but others that were there have some better
ones.  We saw the plastering of the walls and the partial completion of the
shed type roof over half of a new outdoor space known as the "Pizza Parlor",
plus we built a privacy wall in front of "Dawn and Dusk".  So I have some
pics of that.  Where can I email you photos?  I have no place to put them up
on internet.

It would be really nice to see what "our" wall looks like now.

I would also like to say I enjoy reading about the interesting and
experimental things people are trying with cob, etc.  Thanks, everyone.  I
have learned so much and would love to hear more about rice hulls,
especially from the folks that were doing a rice hull bagged shed structure
with cob or earth plaster somewhere out west I think.  Pictures would be
lovely!  People are tooo modest, they need to show off their projects more.

Monica