[Cob] All this rain and humidity a concern for drying?

Peter Kaulback peter at thesilverwheel.ca
Sun Jul 23 21:40:02 CDT 2006

I have a cob oven with only the insulating layer added, haven't decided
on what kind of plaster yet. Now with all the continual daily rain plus
high humidity I'm concerned that the oven may not dry out any time soon.
I was kind of hoping to have it dry out on it's own, but it's spent
almost all of it's time under a tarpaulin, and now I'm thinking I might
fire it early. Last summer it would have dried out in no time at all :)

And on the subject of plasters, is there any health concerns with using
a manure based plaster? Or rather possible concerns if the oven is used
commercially?

Thank you,

Peter Kaulback